Arraial do Cabo

Geeeeez! This blog has been so abandoned lately! Sorry folks, I put it at the bottom of my priorities list and the few times I got to it, I could not write a single sentence. Bummer.

Anyways, FYI I now live in one of those amazing places on Earth everyone wants to live in. Imagine: I am in a little peninsula surrounded by 7 of the most stunning beaches I have ever seen, on a couple of beaches you have good surf waves; on the other few, corals and great diving. It's sunny, it only rains about 800mm per year, it's a small and safe town, especially important since we're talking about Brazil. People seem really laid back, even though many are just a bit too into the religious act (I guess I could write a very long post only on that, and actually might some other time).

Monday through Friday is a bit like it was in Buenos Aires, I work long hours on my laptop. By the time I'm done, usually around 7pm, it's already been dark for more than an hour (no kidding). 
But, getting up at 6.30 am to try and grab a few waves before work is absolutely priceless! And looking outside through the widely open doors and windows of my new place and seeing all the green and the bright sun, is also priceless. And don't even get me started on weekends or the slightly sea scented air. Of course this wouldn't be half as nice as it is without the great company.


Any downs? A few, but not even enough to tilt the balance a bit.
Mainly, some living costs like: no washing machine (and sending it off to the laundry costs 25 Dollars a load!), internet is quite unsteady, weak and they charge 100 Dollars monthly for the cheapest connection, 75% of our electricity bill is taxes and I suspect we're paying our neighbours electricity too. And also some issues which we're still getting used to like mosquitos & bugs, the smell of rotting rubbish, the cat that pees our 'Welcome' mat, more rubbish...yeah, that's pretty much it. I've dealt with the roaches, this is a roach proof fortress now.


Over and out.





Raf

Comments

Popular Posts